Hot Thoughts #4 – Happy New Year
Well it has definitely been an interesting year in the Hot Sauce World.
In all my years being in the fringes of the hot sauce scene to diving head first into it I don’t think I have ever seen it so busy. In short I have to say I am quite amazed at how much was accomplished in the last year. From the veterans, to the rookies straight to the collectors fans and friends. The camaraderie has been most impressive.
Some notable points for me have been (in no particular order)
1) Hot Sauce Collectors making sauces for Collectors ““ a special shout out to the Short Bus, RedRum, DK’s Jerky
2) Jim Campbell’s incredible World Record
3) Each and every Hot Sauce Maker, Collector, Chili-Head that contributed to any charity
4) The first HSB marriage proposal
5) The boom of Canadian hot sauces and stores opening up
I am really looking forward to seeing what the New Year will bring. If some of the underground rumblings of projects that are in the works are true, then Chili-heads are in for a great ride this year. Be sure to keep posted to the HSB for the latest exclusive information on anything hot food related.
On that note, I would like to wish all the HSB readers all the best in the upcoming year.