Spicy “Atomic” Habanero and Jolokia Roasted Walnuts
- 1 pound or 4 cups of walnut halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla or almond extract
- 2Teaspoons of dry ground Habanero
- ½ teaspoon of ground dry Jolokia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread nuts in a single layer over a baking sheet. Roast for aprox. 8 to 10 min. or until nuts turn brown and your kitchen starts smelling great!
- Stir together your ground peppers, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and milk in a medium sauce pan. Cook over a medium heat for 8 minutes or until mixture reaches the soft ball stage of 236 degrees (113 degrees C) Remove from heat, and stir in favorite extract flavor immediately.
- Add walnuts to sugar syrup, and stir to coat well. Spoon to coat nuts well and pour out on waxed paper or a well greased cookie pan. Cool then store.
You can add more or less chili’s to this recipe. This was a nice heat that would creep up on me as I ate them. The sugar and salt makes it so that one is never enough. Most of all, ENJOY!
Do be careful of the hot sugar…it will get you if you are not careful!
© 2012, hotsauceaddict.com. All rights reserved.